Hey Guys, I am making a new wasteland server and wanted to come here for ideas

Hello everyone,

I am Isaac Harding owner of IHS Isaac Harding Servers.  A while ago I lost my jobs and had to let the server die because no one had the cash to keep it up.

I am looking for ideas no matter how small or big.  I feel that ArmA 3 is a nice game with nice game modes, however I do not want a nice server, I want an excellent server, the best of the best to ever be had or will be had here and then in the future.

In the best of details lets have a long and thought-out dialogue on what the most idle wasteland should or could be.  Hold nothing back here!

Here are some discussion points I bring fourth.

First person only versus full third person versus third person with peaking disabled if you do not have line of sight you cannot see them.

How much money income is too much money income? 

Does having a billion bank cap feel like too much?  If so, whats a better cap?

Upgrade systems for the player, gear, weapons, and vehicles?

Loot driven server versus mission driven servers?

If loot driven then altis would make since, if mission driven then stratis would make since.

Unmodded or modded?  I have always liked the idea of having more stuff, but is it really a need? If not why? Is so why?

How scared should be the map setup for stores? 

What do you think about the idea of having 'walmarts' all three stores in one. I would make this show that you are in the bounds of the store.

What QOL things are lacking from wasteland that I should take note too?

I will be checking back daily.  So please spend sometime giving me some good data here on these ideas or any other idea that wasteland may need and I will do my best to make it so if we have seen it worth it.
  • Offline Jordy
  • Fresh Spawn
He here , J.Sun Tzu...
Finally a good wasteland server again.

I will give some feedback in my best english... lol

- first of all some propper admins.
- let them work for the loot/money(if you want to have easy money,then you have trailerpark.)
- thirth person is better voor 90% of the people,i do like the first person tho...more realistq.
-stratis (i prefer myself malden )
-  money must be hard,so you people have to struggle and build it up.  Hard for starters on the server..so give them some more than normal.
-gear level would be cool..so how more money you have...the better gear you spawn.
-dont do 3 stores in 1 ,because then people will only camp 1 store..thats not fun..must be some movement.
- a custimed map from stratis or malden would be cool
He here , J.Sun Tzu...
Finally a good wasteland server again.

I will give some feedback in my best english... lol

- first of all some propper admins.
- let them work for the loot/money(if you want to have easy money,then you have trailerpark.)
- thirth person is better voor 90% of the people,i do like the first person tho...more realistq.
-stratis (i prefer myself malden )
-  money must be hard,so you people have to struggle and build it up.  Hard for starters on the server..so give them some more than normal.
-gear level would be cool..so how more money you have...the better gear you spawn.
-dont do 3 stores in 1 ,because then people will only camp 1 store..thats not fun..must be some movement.
- a custimed map from stratis or malden would be cool

So what about third person with peaking disabled?

I was thinking of having the walmarts show your position on the map.  It will let everyone know that you are in the bounds of the walmart.  High risk, high reward.  Crappy spot on the map too.
  • Offline Jordy
  • Fresh Spawn
Crappy spot can work.(but people with 200 iq will find a way to camp the store.

Or they will camp with jets in the air..only that walmart store(atleast thats what i would do) let them rage quit.

Abbout tirth person without peaking. Not sure..maybe test it out
Crappy spot can work.(but people with 200 iq will find a way to camp the store.

Or they will camp with jets in the air..only that walmart store(atleast thats what i would do) let them rage quit.

Abbout tirth person without peaking. Not sure..maybe test it out
Last point is I do not care if they camp it, it gives the teams something to fight over.  Let the best group win.
Also I plan on removing some of the jets to prevent it from being too overpowered.
I think 3rd person is the way to go for a wasteland server. For one, there's less of a learning curve so new players would be more likely to join. Wasteland also isn't that realistic of a gamemode so I don't believe 1st person would be appropriate.

I think some cap points should be worth more than others. For example, an airfield cap point is worth more than one out in the boonies. Maybe each AI drops a bit of money when killed. I like the idea of recovering vehicles. like 1/3 the price for recovering and 1/2 for chop shop? I'm not positive what would be good/bad for specific dollar amounts for income though.

I think that a billion dollar cap is a great amount if prices for vehicles are the wasteland standard.

I'm not really sure how an upgrade system would work. Elaborate?

I like the idea of a mixed loot/mission driven server. I like being able to enter buildings to arm myself so I can run and go do missions. I would really love to see random spawning AI patrols not marked on the map. excluding helos/jets but yes to armored and armored infantry.

I do not like how much of a cluster fuck stratis is. Altis is great because you can fly a bird for more than 30 seconds without getting shot down. You can also do strategic helicopter landings that you couldn't do on stratis.

Unmodded is great because new players can easily just join up and it would increase server pop. Plus there are enough weapons/vehicles in vanilla.

Stores should be more frequent and in different locations than on standard wasteland servers. There should also be walmarts in really shit locations. Maybe having a cap point worth a lot of money in the same place.

Mods are usually assholes or just not present on most current wasteland servers. I hate how on servers you'll be identified as an HVT when you only have 300k, I would like to see that amount increased. Also please leave thermals in for weapon sights, maybe not for all vehicles.
the way it was before was good I loved the style but would be alot better making things even like vehicle wise that's about it also maybe the idea of roaming ai to being a little more cash in sense there is new maps out now it make the game interesting