Help editing wasteland

• Offline Adraac
  • Fresh Spawn

Help editing wasteland

« posted: Jan 10, 2020, 11:43 AM »
Hello

1) when i open the file on eden editor and click on play i get the error Script / A3_Wasteland_settings / init.sqf not found and then the game keep saying "Welcome to A3Wasteland, please wait for your client to iniatilize"

2) when i get that error i got the wasteland client loading all the time with the text from before and only hear the npcs shooting and dont know how to make them stop

3) how can i enable the garage?

4) how can i enable the option to sell vehicles and add the device that carry the truck Tempest that let you claim a territory?

I want to solve that problems before loading the file on my server, if you know how to solve that problems answer please or if you have a file of Wasteland on Altis with garage working fine please share it please.

Sorry for my Englisy, im from Spain not England so y may have some mistakes with some words so if you dont understand something just ask and i will try to explain it better but please help.

THANK YOU.
  • Offline Adraac
  • Fresh Spawn

Re: Help editing wasteland

« Reply #1 posted: Jan 10, 2020, 07:58 PM »
all work now, except that i dont see the garages and i want to add a object people can buy on a store to place on a base and respawn there

« Reply #2 posted: Jan 11, 2020, 11:35 AM »
In main_config.sqf you should have lines

Code: [Select]
A3W_privateParking = 1;            // If vehicleSaving = 1 and savingMethod = "extDB" or "sock", enable persistent private parking locations across the map (0 = no, 1 = yes)
A3W_privateParkingLimit = 2;       // Maximum amount of vehicles allowed in private parking (0 = no limit)
A3W_privateParkingCost = 1000;     // Cost to retrieve an individual vehicle from private parking

its also in default_config.sqf
but you cant test it localy, you can test it only on server (bcz localy you dont have running database)

How to add?

on ground you need to have atleast this object https://i.gyazo.com/0ad603f28b4039276053217f7d55f979.jpg
Help editing wasteland

or use default object what are already on map like this one
https://i.gyazo.com/83a67fb4f1477beee98929a70bbab474.jpg
Help editing wasteland

And in EDEN you have to set marker named "parking_1" to the center of building
https://i.gyazo.com/3b9d817d0e84bdcbd2042ad02088e8a4.png
Help editing wasteland

If you would like to place a Aircraft carrier, you have to place carrier somewhere and this marker"Parking_1" add to the center of ship

The option to carry/load/lift up/tow is in folder "addons/R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG/R3F_LOG/config.sqf
You have there 3 areas

1.R3F_LOG_CFG_transporteurs (this one is for vehicles, here you will set how big the cargos hould be)

2.R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_transportables (here you add how big value(size) the object should have)

3.R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_deplacables (here you add all objects what you want to be movable by player)

on A3 wasteland website you have got the lates version of A3wastelands, its free share and you can use that but you have to keep credits in pbo file.
  • Offline Adraac
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #3 posted: Jan 11, 2020, 03:39 PM »
In the wasteland from A3wasteland the moment i log on the server the parking dont show on map but i have it like you said and you can see it on the photo
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #4 posted: Jan 11, 2020, 09:27 PM »
Parking only works if extDB saving is enabled
  • Offline Adraac
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #5 posted: Jan 11, 2020, 10:37 PM »
and you know how could someone have a parking and storage in their own base?
  • Offline Adraac
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #6 posted: Jan 12, 2020, 12:08 PM »
i went to default config and main config and set A3W_savingMethod = "extDB"    but when i log on the server i dont see the parkings

I must change other value or A3W_savingMethod on other file?
  • Offline Adraac
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #7 posted: Jan 12, 2020, 05:29 PM »
I tried to add mods to the server to that make the game more realistic, Like Sound mods, but battleye kick the people that log with them on the server why?