Revive System suddenly stopped Working

Revive System suddenly stopped Working

« posted: Jan 27, 2020, 12:11 PM »
I have been customizing our Wasteland Server for years with the help of this great forum and not ran into many issues that could not be resolved with the help of this forum or like minded forums.

But for the life of me I can't understand or resolve our current issue.

The revive system just stopped working. Players no longer get incapacitated and have the chance to be revived. They now simply loose health until they die outright.

The last thing I remember doing that may have contributed to the issue was editing the mission.sqm file (which I have done on many occasion without issue), making some objects dynamic simulation ( notably bridges and other player created map furniture ).

I may have accidentally went into the multiplayer settings and when I have saved the file out these changes have been made with the file causing the problem.

How would I go about fixing this issue so the Revive system works again.

Thanks in advance..

Re: Revive System suddenly stopped Working

« Reply #1 posted: Jan 28, 2020, 05:19 AM »
I'm assuming your not seeing any client side script errors or anything in the logs?

• Offline [IT42O] MjDoc
  • Mans joint Documentation Arma3 develop
  • Fresh Spawn
  • I wish everyone peace, health and love!

« Reply #2 posted: Apr 07, 2020, 03:13 PM »
I have been customizing our Wasteland Server for years with the help of this great forum and .....

Did you solve this problem ?, I had something similar, but only after I connected infiSTAR :)
dev [BRO'F] server
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 posted: May 15, 2020, 02:07 AM »
I recently encountered this bug on a public server, the culprit was an "Anti Teamkill" segment in client\init.sqf containing custom HandleDamage events (which bypasses the revive system) for Blufor and Opfor.

I don't know who made this, it's not in my vanilla A3W code. It's possible other servers are contaminated with it.