Help with running a file that all clients see

Help with running a file that all clients see

« posted: Mar 19, 2020, 09:21 PM »
Code: [Select]
[[[_missionPos], "addons\scripts\Radiation_Zone.sqf"], "BIS_fnc_execVM", true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP; // works locally and on clients but has a performance hit

// [[_missionPos], "addons\scripts\Radiation_Zone.sqf"] remoteExec ["execVM", 0, true]; // Have not tested this version of command
// [[[_missionPos],"addons\scripts\Radiation_Zone.sqf"],BIS_fnc_execVM] remoteExec ["call",-2,false]; // works locally but does not work on clients and has a performance hit

// _radPos = [_missionPos] call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\scripts\Radiation_Zone.sqf"; // works with very little performance hit but doesn't work on clients

I am trying to run this call, execVM or remoteExec  file from within a mission on our Altis wasteland server. I am having trouble understanding the various ways of doing this without affecting the performance of the server (FPS Drop)

The Call to the script works great on my PC but the clients don't get the resulting code on their end.

The various ways to remotely execute the file have varying results. One again runs on my PC but not on Clients.

The other runs on both local and client pc's but has an affect on performance, and the last option I have not tried.

Could someone please help me out with the best way of running this file from within the mission.

It's basically a radiation trigger that gets set up and monitors players coming and going form the zone with associated markers.

Thanks - any other info required please let me know.
  • Offline [IT42O] MjDoc
  • Mans joint Documentation Arma3 develop
  • Fresh Spawn
  • I wish everyone peace, health and love!

Re: Help with running a file that all clients see

« Reply #1 posted: Apr 07, 2020, 02:11 PM »
will you let me see your Radiation_Zone.sqf  ::), or is it a secret? :) ;)
dev [BRO'F] server

Re: Help with running a file that all clients see

« Reply #2 posted: Apr 08, 2020, 10:45 PM »
will you let me see your Radiation_Zone.sqf  ::), or is it a secret? :) ;)

Hey MjDoc

I sent you a reply in the other thread regarding the sniper mission. Cheers