Starting Cash

Starting Cash

« posted: Oct 24, 2014, 07:20 PM »
Hi Ive just started a new server and its working fine. However im having problems increasing the starting cash, can anyone tell me how to do it please (im wanting it to start you off with $1500)
thanks, Snakey

Re: Starting Cash

« Reply #1 posted: Oct 24, 2014, 08:57 PM »
if you put the "A3Wasteland_settings" folder in your server root there is a variable for it in main_config.sqf

« Reply #2 posted: Oct 25, 2014, 04:59 AM »
Ive tried that, it keeps reverting back to 100, regardless of the amount i set in the variable, so im not sure if it is reading it correctly...

« Reply #3 posted: Oct 25, 2014, 02:10 PM »
Ok, the money on spawn is added in client\functions\spawnAction.sqf around line 33 try changing that

Code: [Select]
_baseMoney = ["A3W_startingMoney", 100] call getPublicVar;
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #4 posted: Oct 25, 2014, 02:22 PM »
Ok, the money on spawn is added in client\functions\spawnAction.sqf around line 33 try changing that

Code: [Select]
_baseMoney = ["A3W_startingMoney", 100] call getPublicVar;

You're showing him the wrong way. This is the correct way to do it:

https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis/blob/e91ef9dc59e19e68a1c999f86451584ed3d70c10/server/default_config.sqf#L25

« Reply #5 posted: Oct 26, 2014, 02:17 AM »
Yeah, that what i meant in the first place but he said it was resetting
if you put the "A3Wasteland_settings" folder in your server root there is a variable for it in main_config.sqf

« Reply #6 posted: Oct 26, 2014, 09:42 AM »
The main_config part i have tried as for the other file i cant find it... there's no client folder in the server files...
also note it is stratis

« Reply #7 posted: Oct 26, 2014, 10:31 AM »
Are you on a rented server? Anyway you should really try to get the exteral config files to work as you have all those setting ready at hand there

« Reply #8 posted: Oct 26, 2014, 10:45 AM »
Are you on a rented server? Anyway you should really try to get the exteral config files to work as you have all those setting ready at hand there

Yes I am on a rented server, and do you know how to get them to work?

« Reply #9 posted: Oct 26, 2014, 09:12 PM »
I only used "PingPerfect" and there i only needed to chuck the "A3Wasteland_settings" folder into the server root folder and it worked right out of the box as i should.

If you name the provider there is probably someone here that use the same.

« Reply #10 posted: Oct 27, 2014, 08:10 AM »
I'm through wombat servers and when you say server root, it would be the main file of the server yes?
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #11 posted: Oct 27, 2014, 04:18 PM »
I'm through wombat servers and when you say server root, it would be the main file of the server yes?
Are you editing the main_config.sqf or the default_config.sqf? You should edit the main_config.sqf if you have the A3Wasteland_settings folder in place. If not you should use the default_config.sqf in /server.
Make sure the server is not running when editing the files. There is a write protection on them if the server is running.

« Reply #12 posted: Oct 27, 2014, 04:46 PM »
Are you editing the main_config.sqf or the default_config.sqf? You should edit the main_config.sqf if you have the A3Wasteland_settings folder in place. If not you should use the default_config.sqf in /server.
Make sure the server is not running when editing the files. There is a write protection on them if the server is running.

Im editing the main_config file as for the default_config file that doesnt contain anything other than the mission file's name to do with wasteland...
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #13 posted: Oct 27, 2014, 06:48 PM »
Ok. Is your A3Wasteland_settings folder in de server root directory? Where the arma3server.exe is located.

And are the settings saved?

« Reply #14 posted: Oct 28, 2014, 08:54 AM »
Ok. Is your A3Wasteland_settings folder in de server root directory? Where the arma3server.exe is located.

And are the settings saved?

yes and yes