VTS weapon resting

VTS weapon resting

« posted: Oct 26, 2014, 03:31 PM »
Thanks to Agent REV for adding the option in the main-config for adjusting the antihack tool so we can use VTS weapon resting.

seems to work as advertised so far  8)

Re: VTS weapon resting

« Reply #1 posted: Nov 06, 2014, 01:59 AM »
You Have this installed on your server? I'm been getting request for this on our server.

« Reply #2 posted: Nov 06, 2014, 07:55 AM »
Dont know if there is serverside mod for this but you can add the key to the server thus allowing the clients to use it

« Reply #3 posted: Nov 06, 2014, 11:10 AM »
there is no serverside mod available afaik.

you can't implement it as a script as some of the changes made by the addon are changing configs and therefor need to be implemented as addon (i tried it).

only thing you can do is copy the key to your keys folder on the server.

« Reply #4 posted: Nov 06, 2014, 05:23 PM »
you need to change this to 0.25 in the main-config file

A3W_antiHackMinRecoil = 1.0;
  • Offline eldrich
  • First Blood
  • 40-1 Clan

« Reply #5 posted: Nov 06, 2014, 06:34 PM »
You Have this installed on your server? I'm been getting request for this on our server.

yes we run on server for about 2 wks now and works very well more realistic than I expected ie. extreme uphills and downhills works only in direction of slope as you would expect, well worth a try helps a lot with crap sway added a few updates ago, but not to much help to make it to easy. jump on 40-1 server give it a try see what you think :)

« Reply #6 posted: Nov 06, 2014, 11:27 PM »
How do you allow it on the server when people to join with it on?

« Reply #7 posted: Nov 07, 2014, 12:23 PM »
In the download http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20816 there is a "key" or "keys" folder, copy the content into your servers "key" folder then start the server. the "@VTS_something" goes into your game (client) directory.
  • Offline eldrich
  • First Blood
  • 40-1 Clan

« Reply #8 posted: Nov 07, 2014, 05:15 PM »
you need to change this to 0.25 in the main-config file

A3W_antiHackMinRecoil = 1.0;

Don't forget to do this or you will be booted for hacking everytime you try and use :)

« Reply #9 posted: Feb 05, 2015, 12:11 AM »
I assume that once the Marksman DLC releases that no one will need to use VTS Weapon resting since the next DLC includes bipods and weapon resting?

« Reply #10 posted: Feb 06, 2015, 11:17 PM »
The key worked perfectly when my box is running Windows. But now it seems that it can't be loaded in Linux because players enabling the addon will get kicked.
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #11 posted: Feb 06, 2015, 11:46 PM »
You can even script VTS into your own mission if you want it available for everyone. I did this but didn't like how VTS worked in overall.

« Reply #12 posted: Feb 08, 2015, 08:56 PM »
I for one will remove VTS as an allowed mod when the Marksman DLC gets released.