Changing server to Veteran mode, kill feed no longer shows

• Offline Tokae
  • Geared Up

Changing server to Veteran mode, kill feed no longer shows

« posted: Nov 10, 2014, 06:32 AM »
Hello everyone,

I wanted to set my server to Veteran mode, so that names did not show up when you moused over a vehicle or player. When I did enable it, it seemed to stop the kill feed from showing also (player X killed player Y).

Is there a way for me to keep that kill feed and keep the server as Veteran?

Thank you,

Tokae

Re: Changing server to Veteran mode, kill feed no longer shows

« Reply #1 posted: Nov 12, 2014, 03:26 PM »
Depending on the startup params will depend on where the user profile file is, however for me it is stored within a folder called Users where i have defined the -profile switch.

Open your users Arma3Profile file in your favourite text editor, mine is located here: C:\Games\ArmA3\A3Profile\Users\Administrator\Administrator.Arma3Profile.

Hopefully you have a lot of stuff here inside this file, if not post back here and i will provide you with mine.

In the Veteran section of this file you will find a setting called DeathMessages, ensure this is turned on by setting it to 1.
  • Offline Tokae
  • Geared Up

« Reply #2 posted: Nov 16, 2014, 05:59 PM »
Depending on the startup params will depend on where the user profile file is, however for me it is stored within a folder called Users where i have defined the -profile switch.

Open your users Arma3Profile file in your favourite text editor, mine is located here: C:\Games\ArmA3\A3Profile\Users\Administrator\Administrator.Arma3Profile.

Hopefully you have a lot of stuff here inside this file, if not post back here and i will provide you with mine.

In the Veteran section of this file you will find a setting called DeathMessages, ensure this is turned on by setting it to 1.

Many thanks sir!

I would like to apologize to everyone in here if I come across as someone without knowledge. I am regarding this game and its server setup. I am reading up on this entire scripting process. I do enjoy wasteland though and I am trying to make my server as good and as refreshing (mission-wise) as possible.

• Offline Tokae
  • Geared Up

« Reply #3 posted: Nov 25, 2014, 02:57 PM »
So update on this:

After changing the server to Veteran and still having the kill feed, people didn't like it.

I find it sad that that people have to be able to mouse over and see everything on the server in order to enjoy it. I think it takes away from being able to hide in the game. Oh well.