customized missions

• Offline Tokae
  • Geared Up

customized missions

« posted: Nov 10, 2014, 06:41 AM »
I had a player tell me that there were missions in the forums called 'cool missions' that were new customized missions for Wasteland. I have not found them unfortunately. Do they exist?

Re: customized missions

« Reply #1 posted: Nov 10, 2014, 06:55 AM »
I had a player tell me that there were missions in the forums called 'cool missions' that were new customized missions for Wasteland. I have not found them unfortunately. Do they exist?
Asked same thing ish in stratis, been tight lipped. Thinking no way with v1.0 missions changes.

« Reply #2 posted: Nov 10, 2014, 05:41 PM »
Looking for missions for Altis or Stratis and wich mode ? If it's for Altis v.1.0b, you should take a look on NLE Tank'n'Spank Dutch server. There you'll find really cool vanilla and non-vanilla missions :) Just one mission is missing on this server: "Save the city" ;-) great job of LouD ;)
  • Offline Tokae
  • Geared Up

« Reply #3 posted: Nov 10, 2014, 09:37 PM »
Looking for missions for Altis or Stratis and wich mode ? If it's for Altis v.1.0b, you should take a look on NLE Tank'n'Spank Dutch server. There you'll find really cool vanilla and non-vanilla missions :) Just one mission is missing on this server: "Save the city" ;-) great job of LouD ;)

Thanks for the info xipetotec! :)
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #4 posted: Nov 10, 2014, 10:30 PM »
No real credits for me. All I did was port Creampie's missions from Stratis to Altis and altered them a little bit. The Airport patrol however was made by me.
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

« Reply #5 posted: Nov 11, 2014, 06:43 AM »
No real credits for me. All I did was port Creampie's missions from Stratis to Altis and altered them a little bit. The Airport patrol however was made by me.

Sweet ! - I didn't code any missions from scratch - again scowering the servers to see what works and what doesn't :) all credits where it's due !

- from the grassy knoll -
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #6 posted: Nov 11, 2014, 09:27 AM »

Sweet ! - I didn't code any missions from scratch - again scowering the servers to see what works and what doesn't :) all credits where it's due !
Neither did I, for my airport patrol I used different parts of other missions. I'm not that good at coding haha. But indeed, all credits where it's due.
I have some ideas for new missions but at the moment I first need new server hardware to cope with more AI.

« Reply #7 posted: Nov 11, 2014, 09:42 AM »
Good morning :) but both of your server are amazing. They're like goldmines ;)

« Reply #8 posted: Nov 11, 2014, 12:02 PM »
Any chance we could take life's dpmissions (delivery), make it so player shows on map, than announce new weapons crate mission. Player makes delivery he gets reward, other players try to kill him for weapon crate. Sound op as fuck
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #9 posted: Nov 11, 2014, 12:29 PM »
Any chance we could take life's dpmissions (delivery), make it so player shows on map, than announce new weapons crate mission. Player makes delivery he gets reward, other players try to kill him for weapon crate. Sound op as fuck
You can create anything, all you need to do is code it... haha

« Reply #10 posted: Dec 09, 2014, 08:23 AM »
How hard is it to add a new mission to a server? and can I have a tutorial on how to do so? please???? Thanks Snakey
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #11 posted: Dec 09, 2014, 09:49 AM »
How hard is it to add a new mission to a server? and can I have a tutorial on how to do so? please???? Thanks Snakey
Not really hard. You just need to know what handles what.
Start by digging through the code, that's how I learned. And a lot of trial and error.
It's not easy to explain how to add a mission as you do have to know what you are doing.

« Reply #12 posted: Dec 09, 2014, 10:56 AM »
Would it be advisable to use the in game editor to create a mission then browse through the code just to see how arma 3 does things then translate that somehow?

« Reply #13 posted: Dec 09, 2014, 11:23 AM »
as far as using the mission editor, I have logged hundreds of hours, the part that I need the most help with is editing the pbo, I have some scripting knowledge but nothing like what some of the guys here have. Is there a way to load the mission in the editor and add things in that way?

« Reply #14 posted: Dec 09, 2014, 11:31 AM »
I've tried loading the actual wasteland mission for both altis and stratis that dosnt work but if you can make a mission in the mission.sqm you would think things like item code, spawn locations etc etc can be transferred