server tuning help

• Offline matias
  • Fresh Spawn

server tuning help

« posted: Nov 12, 2014, 04:34 AM »
hi , well in introduce my self on this forum . i from Argentina , i play wasteland frequently and now i want go to the next level and its set up a dedicated server for Argentinian player.
the style i want give it to the server its hardcore/expert server
i ve got expirience on setting up a dedicated server and at this moment i got the server ruining with stock parameters with minor changes on the  E:\a3d\A3Wasteland_settings\main_config.sqf and no bugs.

wath i do

-arma 3 dedicated server path:E:\a3d\

-inidb mod :E:\a3d\@inidbi\

-A3Wasteland setings and files : E:\a3d\A3Wasteland_settings

11/11/2014  11:40 p.m.    <DIR>          .
11/11/2014  11:40 p.m.    <DIR>          ..
14/10/2014  09:56 p.m.               935 admins.sqf
15/10/2014  11:41 p.m.               396 bannedNames.sqf
11/11/2014  11:48 p.m.               548 init.sqf
11/11/2014  08:22 p.m.             7.562 main_config.sqf
23/09/2013  11:08 p.m.             1.124 serverRules.sqf
11/11/2014  08:30 p.m.            41.346 storeConfig.sqf
11/11/2014  05:59 p.m.             2.588 vehicleCreation.sqf

-mpmission folder/pbo: E:\a3d\mpmissions\A3Wasteland_v1.0b.Stratis.pbo

-set my arma3 cfg and network parameters.

create the shortcut with the special parameters
 -port=2302 "-config=E:\a3d\TADST\test1\TADST_config.cfg" "-cfg=E:\a3d\TADST\test1\TADST_basic.cfg" "-profiles=E:\a3d\TADST\test1" -name=test1 -netlog "-mod=@inidbi;A3Wasteland_settings"

now start the troubles. i dont understand how change modify and how hierarchy folders works to do a override of the sqf files.

i want to do the following changes:

a) modify the items sell on the stores
   1)weapons: higher prices in general, eliminate some optics attachmens and weapons
   2)vehicles: eliminate all the tanks , helicopters , planes , and the hunter , straider , ifridt . allow only civilian vehicles.

to do that i try to edit the following file storeConfig.sqf and saved on this path E:\a3d\A3Wasteland_settings then i try several times to the server load it or over ride the default . but i cant change it. so i add in the init.sqf file the following lines:
externalConfigFolder = "\A3Wasteland_settings";

execVM (externalConfigFolder + "\bannedNames.sqf");
execVM (externalConfigFolder + "\storeConfig.sqf");
execVM "storeConfig.sqf";
execVM "\A3Wasteland_settings\storeConfig.sqf";
execVM "E:\a3d\A3Wasteland_settings\storeConfig.sqf";

and i cant make it work.

b) modify the spawn of the vehicles
  1) disable all the armored
  2) disable the Offroad HMG
i dont know what file i must edit to do that
  3)disable the planes and helicopters
i think with modifing this values on the main_config it ok
A3W_heliSpawning = 0 ; A3W_planeSpawning = 0

c) reduce the player equipment at the spawn. i want the player spawn with the pistol and Slash Bandolier. all other stuff must buy it or earn it.

i hope the developers AgentRev , Cael817, or any one who can help me read this post.

best regards
matias

pd: i apologies for my bad English , and if the thread shoudlnt be created here. fell free to move it where should be

Re: server tuning help

« Reply #1 posted: Nov 12, 2014, 09:29 AM »
To edit spawn vehicles list:

server\functions\serverVars.sqf
  • Offline matias
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #2 posted: Nov 12, 2014, 07:04 PM »
thx for the reply , but i think i missing some elemental knowledge.  to clarify how i should do it.

in this folder E:\a3d\A3Wasteland_settings y must create the folder "server" and as child of that "functions" and inside of those put the file serverVars.sqf modify by me whith the parameters as i need it or like. right??
or how must be implemented.

thx

« Reply #3 posted: Nov 12, 2014, 09:08 PM »
Hi,
1st I'm an not a developer of this mission I'm just here to make Rev's life more complicated, but thanks :-).

To begin with you don't need the @inidbi folder. Just take the inidb.DLL from https://github.com/A3Wasteland/Release_Files and out it in your e:\a3d\ folder. There's no need to load it as a mod (so you can remove this "-mod=@inidbi;A3Wasteland_settings" from your startup)

The mission is setup to use the storeConfig.sqf from withing the mission .pbo so you will need to unpack the .pbo with for example "PBO Manager" and modify the storeConfig.sqf that is in it, scroll thru it and you will find the prices for everything. if there is a certain item or vehicle you need to remove from any of the arrays put "//" infront of it and dont forget that there should be no comma at the last item in the array like this
from storeConfig.sqf (used the planes array as an example)
Code: [Select]
planesArray = compileFinal str
[
["A-143 Buzzard AA", "I_Plane_Fighter_03_AA_F", 40000, "vehicle"],
["A-143 Buzzard CAS", "I_Plane_Fighter_03_CAS_F", 45000, "vehicle"],
// ["A-164 Wipeout CAS", "B_Plane_CAS_01_F", 60000, "vehicle"],
["To-199 Neophron CAS", "O_Plane_CAS_02_F", 60000, "vehicle"],
["MQ4A Greyhawk ATGM UAV", "B_UAV_02_F", 20000, "vehicle"],
["MQ4A Greyhawk Bomber UAV", "B_UAV_02_CAS_F", 10000, "vehicle"], // Bomber UAVs are a lot harder to use, hence why they are cheaper than ATGMs
["K40 Ababil-3 ATGM UAV (CSAT)", "O_UAV_02_F", 20000, "vehicle"],
["K40 Ababil-3 Bomber UAV (CSAT)", "O_UAV_02_CAS_F", 10000, "vehicle"],
["K40 Ababil-3 ATGM UAV (AAF)", "I_UAV_02_F", 20000, "vehicle"],
["K40 Ababil-3 Bomber UAV (AAF)", "I_UAV_02_CAS_F", 10000, "vehicle"]
];
See that i "commented" out the A-164 and that there is no comma after the last plane "K40 Ababil-3 Bomber UAV (AAF)".

For disabling all the vehicles (ability to buy) you mentioned you will need to edit (in the unpacked mission) mapConfig\storeOwners.sqf look at line 24

example from storeOwners.sqf
["VehStore2", 6, 45, ["Land", "Armored", "Tanks", "Helicopters", "Boats"]],
Would disable very button in vehicle store 2 except "planes", also note that there is no comma after "Boats".

Now
i think with modifing this values on the main_config it ok
A3W_heliSpawning = 0 ; A3W_planeSpawning = 0
disables the planes and choppers from spawning on the map so if you disable the buttons in the shops and do this you should be ok but all the vehicles you want to disable will still spawn with the missions.

Start gear can be adjusted in client\functions\playerSetupGear.sqf. you can find the item names in the storeConfig.sqf.

For me i found that the easiest tool to pack and unpack .pbo files are PBO Manger http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369
Install that and right-click a .pbo or mission file folder (unpacked) to get the option PBO Manager- Pack into *.pbo or extract to *.Stratis its very much like zip/unzip and you will find all the files you need to edit.

Take it slow and change few things at a time and you will make it. Remember to always start your ArmA3 client with
-showScriptErrorsYou do that in Steam-Library, right-click your ArmA game and select properties and then "set launch options" and put -showScriptErrors into the box. this way you will get a popup if you get errors when you play and test.

I hope i showed you the right way so Rev doesn't get more headache on my behalf.

I hope that helped a little and that i understood you right. =)

• Offline matias
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #4 posted: Nov 13, 2014, 12:33 AM »
Cael817, thx for your help , all do you say its what im think was need to be done . i appreciate your time . tonight im going to tray all of your comments.
  • Offline matias
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #5 posted: Nov 13, 2014, 07:10 AM »
cael817 , thx for your time and the explication of how do it  . i got succeed with the changes, and the unpack and re pack the pbo. now im going to search in the forum for other adjustments . if i cant find what im looking for ill posting again here.
  • Offline matias
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #6 posted: Nov 15, 2014, 06:20 PM »
back againg , after some days of fine tuning on the server im near to 80% of how i want it. so im back to the forum to ask how increase the time of the revive . now takes 8 sec to revive a player. and i want to increase to 30 sec.
i went to A3Wasteland_v1.0b.Stratis\addons\far_revive\ folder and check the fieles to see if i find a value . but my programing / scripting knowledge is near to nothing so some one knows how do what i want do?

« Reply #7 posted: Nov 16, 2014, 05:33 PM »
This is probably a really bad way to do this but it looks like the revive script is waiting for the animation to finish and the set the result

FAR_revive_funcs.sqf (part of)
////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Revive Player
FAR_HandleRevive =
{
private ["_target", "_medicMove"];
_target = _this select 0;

if (alive _target) then
{
_target setVariable ["FAR_treatedBy", player, true];

_medicMove = format ["AinvPknlMstpSlayW%1Dnon_medic", [_target, true] call getMoveWeapon];
player playMove _medicMove;

waitUntil {sleep 0.1; animationState player == _medicMove || !CAN_PERFORM};
waitUntil {sleep 0.1; animationState player != _medicMove || !CAN_PERFORM};

if (CAN_PERFORM) then
{
_target setVariable ["FAR_isUnconscious", 0, true];

[player, "reviveCount", 1] call fn_addScore;

// [Debugging] Code below is only relevant if revive script is enabled for AI
if (!isPlayer _target) then
{
_target setDamage 0;
_target setCaptive false;

_target playMove format ["AmovPpneMstpSrasW%1Dnon", _target call getMoveWeapon];
};
};

if (_target getVariable ["FAR_treatedBy", objNull] == player) then
{
_target setVariable ["FAR_treatedBy", nil, true];
};
};
}
call mf_compile;

maybe adding in a couple of sleep and time it with the animations (lets say they are 8 seconds) so the next part of the script doesn't run, maybe even overlap the animations just to be sure so maybe 7 seconds for the sleep. If this even works i highly doubt this is how it should be done, im sure there is a better way letting the animation run for a set(able) time. something like in the eat.sqf and drink.sqf
// Revive Player
FAR_HandleRevive =
{
private ["_target", "_medicMove"];
_target = _this select 0;

if (alive _target) then
{
_target setVariable ["FAR_treatedBy", player, true];

_medicMove = format ["AinvPknlMstpSlayW%1Dnon_medic", [_target, true] call getMoveWeapon];
                Sleep 8;
                Sleep 8;

waitUntil {sleep 0.1; animationState player == _medicMove || !CAN_PERFORM};
waitUntil {sleep 0.1; animationState player != _medicMove || !CAN_PERFORM};

if (CAN_PERFORM) then
{
_target setVariable ["FAR_isUnconscious", 0, true];

[player, "reviveCount", 1] call fn_addScore;

// [Debugging] Code below is only relevant if revive script is enabled for AI
if (!isPlayer _target) then
{
_target setDamage 0;
_target setCaptive false;

_target playMove format ["AmovPpneMstpSrasW%1Dnon", _target call getMoveWeapon];
};
};

if (_target getVariable ["FAR_treatedBy", objNull] == player) then
{
_target setVariable ["FAR_treatedBy", nil, true];
};
};
}
call mf_compile;

• Offline matias
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #8 posted: Nov 19, 2014, 04:22 AM »
well me again over here , now im interested on add a better AI on the missions , i was looking on the asr3 but need the CBA mod , and i want to keep the game strigth . no clients mods . so i search on the armaholic site , and this AI looks to be an improvement :http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25381, but i havent any idea how make it work , i tray to add the vcom folder on the addon folder and then add a line in the init.sqf .with no success . so i look on the forum if are any aprouch to modify the AI and i cant find nothing how add this mod to the wasteland , i know AI skills are defined in server\functions\setMissionSkill.sqf i should put here the vcom defines?

« Reply #9 posted: Nov 20, 2014, 09:27 AM »
I havent looked at ASR3, its possible that CBA is only needed for the server. Saw another AI thingy that looked promising when i searched for AISSP (as an alternative for EOS) i came across AISS2 which are also CBA dependent also here im not sure if CBA is only needed for the server and not the clients.

Don't know how much these help thou as the AI is dumb as bricks most of the time. =(
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

« Reply #10 posted: Nov 21, 2014, 10:54 AM »
I am experiencing something weird on my server ...

mission file on my pc with 4 missions up i get 45+ server fps with the objects and vehicles loaded from my live server and no players on...

mission file on the server with 4 missions up I get ~35fps with no players on ...( actually even with no missions , the server fps is below 40 ...

I can't get ASM working as Gameservers blocks the ports, is there any other way I can debug what's going on with my server?

Server FPS drops to 9 - 10 when there's 25+ people on :/

- from the grassy knoll -