add new base parts

add new base parts

« posted: Nov 13, 2014, 10:27 PM »
want to add medical bases and the bigger military base (gun store one by airfield) found calls can put them in, but read i think i need to attribute a weight value. or something like that. any help these are highly requested on server and want to make super expensive.
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

Re: add new base parts

« Reply #1 posted: Nov 14, 2014, 07:21 AM »
I've added a few base objects to my store ...

1) Firstly add the object to the General Store under the genObjectsArray in storeConfig.sqf.Remember the last entry in an array you leave out the "," at the end.

e.g.

Code: [Select]
["Scaffolding", "Land_Scaffolding_F", 250, "object"] // the number indicates the amount to charge in the store

2) Add the object class to the \addons\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\config.sqf ( there are 2 entries needed here , 1 for weight and one for telling R3F that you can use this object )

In the R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_transportables array
["Land_Scaffolding_F", 5], // the number indicates the spaces the object takes up when transporting.
and in the R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_deplacables  array

"Land_Scaffolding_F",

Just remember , if the object is MASSIVE , it will squash the player when they buy in in the store :) so keep in mind what you add to the store :>

CP out

- from the grassy knoll -
  • Offline JoSchaap
  • Developer
  • Mercenary
  • Had a life.. Got a modem.. (~1996)

« Reply #2 posted: Nov 14, 2014, 09:56 AM »
the example you give (scaffolding) was removed for a reason ;)

the scaffolding has serious issue's staying on it's place and often kills players by moving around killing anyone in it's path :)
  • Offline pippen
  • Wasteland Warrior
  • First Blood

« Reply #3 posted: Nov 14, 2014, 05:25 PM »
the example you give (scaffolding) was removed for a reason ;)

the scaffolding has serious issue's staying on it's place and often kills players by moving around killing anyone in it's path :)

Yea scaffolding has always been very very buggy. Walking on it can kill you and sometimes it goes crazy and seeks you out to kill lol. If you need to use something to build higher I use the small green military 2 story huts.
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

« Reply #4 posted: Nov 16, 2014, 02:05 PM »
Guys , I only used the scaffolding as an example lol xD

« Reply #5 posted: Nov 17, 2014, 09:16 AM »
Thanks cp I got it in.

« Reply #6 posted: Dec 08, 2014, 10:10 AM »
We followed the exact method you have here, but it caused the store to no longer work, the supplies and objects didn't show up, any idea what we did wrong?
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #7 posted: Dec 08, 2014, 10:12 AM »
We followed the exact method you have here, but it caused the store to no longer work, the supplies and objects didn't show up, any idea what we did wrong?
Can you show your code? You must have forgotten a comma somewhere :)
  • Offline NooBx
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #8 posted: Dec 08, 2014, 10:16 PM »
don't know what i stuffed up in the codes, probably a space or a comma... started again from the beginning and it seems to be fine for now.
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

« Reply #9 posted: Dec 09, 2014, 07:13 AM »
don't know what i stuffed up in the codes, probably a space or a comma... started again from the beginning and it seems to be fine for now.

important to remember that the last entry in an array shouldn't have the "," at the end =) easily picked up in your .RPT logs in most cases.

« Reply #10 posted: Dec 09, 2014, 11:24 AM »
Cool thanks a bunch. As Noobx said we seem to have it working now.