anyone know how to disable the notification when an admin spawns money in
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

Re: A3 wateland admin tool

« Reply #1 posted: Nov 29, 2014, 09:48 AM »

Why would you want to disable it ? - Stop abusing your admin rights ...

- from the grassy knoll -

« Reply #2 posted: Nov 29, 2014, 07:00 PM »

Its to spectate people i think are duping...
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 posted: Nov 29, 2014, 07:44 PM »

Spawning money as an admin has nothing to do with spectating a player.

« Reply #4 posted: Nov 30, 2014, 01:06 AM »

Spawning money as an admin has nothing to do with spectating a player.

I was using it as an example
  • Offline Tasty
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #5 posted: Dec 01, 2014, 04:01 PM »

Wow, I see people commenting on the topic "Player butthurt and accusations of cheating" http://forums.a3wasteland.com/index.php?topic=710.0 in a completely different way. Allow me to throw out an example where this would apply:

I joined my server last night while it was low pop to further investigate a bug that is probably well know to this community (UAV exploding). I don't play much on my server for the very reasons sited in the "butthurt" topic above. None the less, checking out user complaints is a duty IMO. I needed money to purchase UAV's and test them out, entering in turret 1st....... yadda, yadda.

Immediately I get admin abuse accusations and find myself having to explain my actions instead of doing what I joined the server for in the 1st place.

I think that simply sending the message to a log file instead of chat is sufficient for the purposes it is intended for.
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

« Reply #6 posted: Dec 01, 2014, 06:04 PM »

Wow, I see people commenting on the topic "Player butthurt and accusations of cheating" http://forums.a3wasteland.com/index.php?topic=710.0 in a completely different way. Allow me to throw out an example where this would apply:

I joined my server last night while it was low pop to further investigate a bug that is probably well know to this community (UAV exploding). I don't play much on my server for the very reasons sited in the "butthurt" topic above. None the less, checking out user complaints is a duty IMO. I needed money to purchase UAV's and test them out, entering in turret 1st....... yadda, yadda.

Immediately I get admin abuse accusations and find myself having to explain my actions instead of doing what I joined the server for in the 1st place.

I think that simply sending the message to a log file instead of chat is sufficient for the purposes it is intended for.

I would always announce to the server that I am going to help a player or test said functionality BEFORE using admin tools and sending the notification - players generally react positive that the admin tools are broadcasting and can play with the peace of mind that when admin tools are used for ill reasons, it gets broadcast regardless.

Too many admins are giving A3W a bad name and hence people jump quickly to the - admin abuse card - when killed by an admin.

This perception can easily be avoided by broadcasting ALL admin actions under the admin menu ...
I had this before , but since 1.0 I haven't looked at it again ...

e.g.

CRE4MPIE used the admin tools to toggle God Mode
CRE4MPIE used admin tools to enable player tags

etc etc - you get the message i'm sure ;)

- from the grassy knoll -
  • Offline Tasty
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #7 posted: Dec 01, 2014, 11:42 PM »
CRE4MPIE used the admin tools to toggle God Mode
CRE4MPIE used admin tools to enable player tags

etc etc - you get the message i'm sure ;)

Throw it out there. I bet you won't get the reaction you're counting on.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #8 posted: Dec 03, 2014, 07:59 PM »
Throw it out there. I bet you won't get the reaction you're counting on.

Well the reaction expected from the players in regard to admin menu notices is shock and frustration if they were not advised beforehand of why the menu is being used to obtain valuables, so as to help players identify servers where admin abuse is prevalent.

It's the sole purpose of those notices. I'm not sure of what other reaction anybody else could be counting on.

You don't need to be on a live server to debug things like UAVs. In fact, debugging shouldn't be done on live servers, except for diagnosing performance issues when under heavy load.

« Reply #9 posted: Dec 04, 2014, 05:43 PM »
Here's all you need to do, use the warn players option and tell them that you are working on something to do with the server, once you've said that, if they carry on, remove them from the server. I strictly have a zero tolerance policy on admin abuse on my server and I make sure that the players know when I'm trying to fix something. I also tell them if they want to know more or they dont understand to ask me and I explain to them what I'm doing and why. I don't have any issues with players yelling admin abuse BECAUSE I let them know when I'm using my tools. Also I have a dedicated uniform for myself and my admins to use when we are working on the server that is easily noticeable and cannot be used by a normal player. If you want to know how I did that it's quite easy, we use the vr uniforms or "tron suits".

If you need the debug command here it is: Player addUniform "U_I_Protagonist_VR";

If all servers would adopt a protocol similar to what I use we would never have to deal with claims of admin abuse ever again. Sadly there is always going to be people who ruin the game for everybody. If you have any other ideas on how to improve my system let me know here. Thanks Snakey