ZBE_Cache (AI & Vehicle caching)

« posted: Dec 11, 2014, 10:19 AM »
Hi been lurking here for a while and thought I'd share this with everyone.
We've just started testing this over on our server.

Here is a quick comparison on ASM ArmA Server Monitor before and after switching to ZBE_caching:
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/WinstonSmith81/AiCache_firsttest01_zpse40d246f.png

Features:
Caches AI, all but teamleader so group still moves (tested: 25%+ FPS gain DUWS)
Caches empty vehicles (tested: 2385 vehicles 4 FPS no cache, 49 FPS cache)
Uncaches AI for players and other enemy AI groups
Compatible with virtually every addon and script (including HETMAN/HAL, bCombat, ASR_AI)
Per group/vehicle FSM which is performance friendly and fast
Enable/Disable caching for a specific group at anytime
Cached AI units in group are setPOS(moved) to TL's position so they can still receive damage from artillery, bombs, etc
Units that die while cached are uncached and removed from the caching loop
If the group leader dies while group is cached, the next group leader is uncached
Cached empty vehicles can still receive damage and display damage/explosions
Useful RPT/hintSilent debug option

ArmAholic

BI Forums

My github fork of Micovery's fork Plus EXTRAS
  • Offline micovery
  • Hardened

Re: ZBE_Cache (AI & Vehicle caching)

« Reply #1 posted: Dec 11, 2014, 11:06 AM »
That looks pretty cool.

The sharp periodic drops in CPS, and FPS did not go away though. I assume those are caused by the persistence calls.

Can you refer to the source mission where you added this on? Github?

Does the caching of empty vehicles interfere with the server side scripts that spawn and de-spawn town vehicles?

• Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #2 posted: Dec 11, 2014, 11:40 AM »
I watched the small video on the BI forums. Can you change the distance on when AI appears? It seems in your video you have to be very close for them to spawn. My guess is this will sometimes scare the shits out of you as you think theres only 1 npc.

« Reply #3 posted: Dec 11, 2014, 08:11 PM »
@micovery - Link to github added to original post. No reported problems with vehicles being cached/uncached, but still early days of testing.

RPT log entry:
Code: [Select]
2014/12/11, 19:55:54 "81164 ZBE_Cache (Error: No vehicle) ---  Groups: 10 # All/Cached Units: 35/25 # All/Cached Vehicles: 255/225 # FPS: 49 # ObjectDrawDistance: 0"
@LouD - Just to clarify I am not the scripts author just the messenger. Yes, the caching distance is defined in the init.sqf. This what we're testing with at the moment, Ai will uncache 100m outside of our max view distance.
Code: [Select]
//[AiCacheDistance(players),TargetFPS(-1 for Auto),Debug,CarCacheDistance,AirCacheDistance,BoatCacheDistance]execvm "addons\zbe_cache\main.sqf";

if (isServer) then {[3400,-1,true,1000,2000,2000]execvm "addons\zbe_cache\main.sqf"};

« Reply #4 posted: Dec 13, 2014, 09:43 AM »
ASM log after 24hrs up time taken this morning, player count peaked at 15 players last night:
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/WinstonSmith81/ASM_24fr_cut_zps4fca4a2f.png
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Dec 16, 2014, 04:15 PM »
This is my ASM with the new extDB beta including headless client. No ZBE Caching used, only the way Rev implemented it for vehicles and objects for the headlessclient.

Note the high fps is also there with 30 players and 40 AI. Switching from iniDB to extDB gave me this performance increase. On iniDB we would run on 15~20fps with 40 AI and 30 players.

http://i.imgur.com/pQbymXT.png
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

« Reply #6 posted: Dec 17, 2014, 08:52 AM »
This is my ASM with the new extDB beta including headless client. No ZBE Caching used, only the way Rev implemented it for vehicles and objects for the headlessclient.

Note the high fps is also there with 30 players and 40 AI. Switching from iniDB to extDB gave me this performance increase. On iniDB we would run on 15~20fps with 40 AI and 30 players.

http://i.imgur.com/pQbymXT.png

wow :O

I may have to look into this !

- from the grassy knoll -