How do I add stores?

• Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite
  • Https://Fractured-Gaming.com

How do I add stores?

« posted: Dec 16, 2014, 07:15 AM »
I was wanting to add a few stores. I added(copied) the stores, renamed them and also changed the init on them. No matter what I do I get the error "Type Script, Expected nothing" . So I went back to the other stores and tried to just click "ok" after viewing their coding and they also get the same error... any1 know why?
Posts once, edits post 40 times in 60 seconds. STUPID FAT FINGERS!
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Re: How do I add stores?

« Reply #1 posted: Dec 16, 2014, 07:20 AM »
Didn't you notice the little thing that says "DO NOT MODIFY IN EDITOR" when you edit store NPCs?

You're supposed to place a normal unit without any other customization where you want the store to be, then you edit the mission.sqm to adjust the new unit to have similar parameters as the other store NPCs.

If you try a straight copy 'n paste from the editor, it breaks everything, because the editor does not support all the customizations that we made by altering the mission.sqm to have the NPCs the way we need them to be.
  • Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite

« Reply #2 posted: Dec 16, 2014, 07:38 AM »
AHHH, well now I feel stupid... thanks rev. Makes life a hell of a lot easier. :P
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 posted: Dec 16, 2014, 07:39 AM »
Here's the store creation tutorial, if it helps: http://forums.a3wasteland.com/index.php?topic=176.msg765#msg765
  • Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite

« Reply #4 posted: Dec 16, 2014, 07:42 AM »
thanks a mil, BTW, I can't get over how interactive you are with your fan base. It's great to see a dev  that will help others out. Keep up the good work!
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Dec 16, 2014, 08:07 AM »
Since I don't host my own servers, I use my extra time to help server owners. After all, this whole project wouldn't have any point if there was nobody to host it ;)
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #6 posted: Dec 16, 2014, 09:40 AM »
Since I don't host my own servers, I use my extra time to help server owners. After all, this whole project wouldn't have any point if there was nobody to host it ;)
Hear hear!