Missions on another map.

Missions on another map.

« posted: Dec 22, 2014, 10:30 PM »
I asked this in the Stratis thread but got no help.  How would I go about making the mission work on another not included in ArmA usually.
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

Re: Missions on another map.

« Reply #1 posted: Dec 22, 2014, 10:31 PM »
I asked this in the Stratis thread but got no help.  How would I go about making the mission work on another not included in ArmA usually.
Well you would have to edit everything in the mission files with locations.
Plus you will need to edit the mission.sqm to hold everything the mission.sqm from another map has.

« Reply #2 posted: Dec 22, 2014, 10:37 PM »
Well you would have to edit everything in the mission files with locations.
Plus you will need to edit the mission.sqm to hold everything the mission.sqm from another map has.

Thanks, but could you elavorate on that?  What would I have to edit exactly, I'm decently experienced with mission making, I just don't know where the handle the mission locations,  and how they work.
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 posted: Dec 22, 2014, 10:43 PM »
Thanks, but could you elavorate on that?  What would I have to edit exactly, I'm decently experienced with mission making, I just don't know where the handle the mission locations,  and how they work.
Well first open up the stratis and or altis mission.sqm to see what theres on the map.
If your experience you'll know what to do :)
A lot of whats on the map is also referenced to in the sqf files.

« Reply #4 posted: Dec 23, 2014, 12:37 AM »
You'll need to change the following files that reference either the map name or pertain to specific map information:

briefing.sqf
config.sqf (depending on the version of the mission you are editing)
description.ext
stringtable.xml

mapConfig/storeOwners.sqf
mapConfig/territories.sqf
mapConfig/towns.sqf
mapConfig/convoys/* all files will need updating with waypoints that make sense for your new map

addons/Lootspawner/LSlootBuiildings.sqf needs to be updated with a list of the building types in your map that you want to spawn loot.  Go to the BIS forums to discover these.

...and of course mission.sqm.  Open it in the Arma 3 editor and add/remove/reposition/rename the markers to your liking.