Extra Vehicle Actions Addon

Re: Extra Vehicle Actions Addon

« Reply #45 posted: Apr 10, 2015, 02:58 AM »
Hey

I have this installed from github but I can't seem to get it to initialise :(

Any thoughts as to what I may have messed up?

Cheers
  • Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite
  • Https://Fractured-Gaming.com

« Reply #46 posted: Apr 10, 2015, 12:49 PM »
Hey

I have this installed from github but I can't seem to get it to initialise :(

Any thoughts as to what I may have messed up?

Cheers

Put it up on github... link it and I'm sure we can find out.

Make sure you added it to your init.sqf
Posts once, edits post 40 times in 60 seconds. STUPID FAT FINGERS!

« Reply #47 posted: Apr 10, 2015, 04:11 PM »
Put it up on github... link it and I'm sure we can find out.

Make sure you added it to your init.sqf

init.sqf in the mission or server files?

« Reply #48 posted: Apr 10, 2015, 09:59 PM »
is there a way to only lock the ones that the players have locked themselves? Sometimes they disconnect without locking them and it would be fair to not spawn them locked then after a server restart.
  • Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite
  • Https://Fractured-Gaming.com

« Reply #49 posted: Apr 11, 2015, 04:03 PM »
There is a script that will keep them locked after a restart in this forum. But locking them is the players responsibility... which is needed for wasteland.

is there a way to only lock the ones that the players have locked themselves? Sometimes they disconnect without locking them and it would be fair to not spawn them locked then after a server restart.
Posts once, edits post 40 times in 60 seconds. STUPID FAT FINGERS!

« Reply #50 posted: May 12, 2015, 01:58 PM »
The Extra Vehicle Actions Addon works very good on my Server. Nice work !!! ;D

I need help.

Is it possible that the Vehicle┬┤s are in GodMode after locking?

I have safezones for Base Building but the Vehicles can destroyed from outside.

I hope anybody can help me.

« Reply #51 posted: May 15, 2015, 03:52 PM »
This works without any effort on extDB.
But if you want vehicles to spawn in locked, then add this:

https://github.com/LouDnl/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis/blob/NL-United/persistence/server/world/vLoad.sqf#L122-L129

How would I accomplish locked vehicles after restart using R3F v1?

Code: [Select]
// If vehicle is was locked before restart then restore lockstate and make it untowable/unliftable LouD
if (_veh getVariable "R3F_LOG_disabled") then
{
_veh lock 2;
}
else
{
_veh lock 1;
};
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #52 posted: May 15, 2015, 04:29 PM »
The same as the vehicle addition also sets that variable when locking/unlocking a vehicle.
But you will need this too:

https://github.com/LouDnl/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis/commit/36b80f362b4f2fc894261d62a7e74993aa45e190

« Reply #53 posted: May 15, 2015, 05:49 PM »
ok, i will add that, but my R3F addon dir is addons/R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG

and your have "R3F_LOG_disabled" which is your newer R3F does this matter?

I would lilve to get just the object posiitoning features of your R3F v3 for now. I tried cherry picking it and it didnt work

« Reply #54 posted: May 15, 2015, 06:12 PM »
The locking function is an ArmA function so anything can really set the lock 0-3 but if you need the lockStatus to save just follow what Loud wrote. There is an old method where you just locked owned vehicles after a restart no matter what it was before but that can be undesirable if someone lended someone else's vehicle, they could get stranded.

Disabling/Enabling R3F is for making the vehicles untowable/towable you shouldn't have to touch that at all in R3F using either version.

« Reply #55 posted: May 15, 2015, 06:31 PM »
That is what I am looking for, I don't want all vehicles to lock on server restart. I only want owned vehicles that were locked before restart to relock

i see now that "R3F_LOG_disabled" is reference to a file not a path, so i have changed that back and corrected my save method from extdb to inidb. trying again

« Reply #56 posted: May 15, 2015, 07:00 PM »
well.....it works...but now custom extures do not save and i end up with invisible vehicles. Stock colors seem to save.

Any ideas on what is causing this? The lines appear to be in correctly, but, I changed the A3W saving method to iniDB because thats what I use.

_doubleBSlash = (call A3W_savingMethod == "extDB");
==>>
_doubleBSlash = (call A3W_savingMethod == "iniDB");

« Reply #57 posted: Aug 05, 2015, 05:36 AM »
So I have read through all of this, and I didn't see where I could find the fix, my issue is just the unlocking part, once you lock it you can't unlock it. You purchase a new SUV or anything and it comes locked, again you can't unlock it.

I know this isn't the right section but I know people said the airdrops brought in the vehicles and they where locked, I had to take that option out because once you buy anything the Heli doesn't deliver. I have went to Github and gotten the latest revision I could find.

So back to the Unlocking part of this script, is there something I'm over looking here?

Thanks for your time.

« Reply #58 posted: Aug 05, 2015, 11:35 AM »
@AJ Worden,
Is the problem that your vehicle doesn't unlock(using the action) or are you missing the action to unlock?
What locking scripts are you using?

Sorry for asking, i didn't read thru all the posts.

« Reply #59 posted: Aug 05, 2015, 10:26 PM »
@Cael817

I am using the posted on Github by Micovery.

You hear the sounds of the action (locking / unlocking) but nothing works. When you buy a vehicle or use the Change Ownership it locks it up, and you can sit there all day and night and do the scroll wheel and you hear it unlocking but you can ever get in it nor access the inventory.

Aside from when you buy a Vehicle (any kind) it is running, I purchased a heli from the dealer and the heli was running. I had to shoot the Main Rotor out because I'm sure it was about to take off.

Thanks for the assistance in trying to get this working with me! Much appreciated