Extra Vehicle Actions Addon

Re: Extra Vehicle Actions Addon

« Reply #75 posted: Feb 20, 2016, 08:28 PM »
Hmm, i dont think the disassemble option is a "vactions" thing at all, its ArmAs own right? anyway, just tried it and it worked but its blocket by the mission(its reassembled again and you get a message that you should use the "take" option instead) which is normal. Is this your issue?

« Reply #76 posted: Feb 20, 2016, 11:29 PM »
Yessir - it sure is. Before 1.56 I was able to dismantle and reduce the mortar/GMG down to two backpacks. It is not a major - only used it when my vehicle could not take anymore crates/mortars. Dismantled to backpacks, I could put them in the vehicle inventory instead.
  • Offline Magic
  • First Blood

« Reply #77 posted: Feb 21, 2016, 01:06 PM »
You don't seem to be able to sell a vehicle after the 1.56 update.  Doesnt matter if you bought it, found it or bought a licence for it, you cant sell it, it says "You are not the owner"

http://www.nobullshitrevolution.com/downloads/sell.jpg
  • Offline Magic
  • First Blood

« Reply #78 posted: Feb 21, 2016, 02:05 PM »
Also, i locked on to a helipcopter with a titan and it was giving me the option to unflip it and see the vehicle info in the player menu.  It also offered me the chance to unflip a steerable parachute of a guy that was killed parachuting in when i pressed F to "show target".  Im guessing its something to do with the cursor action fix to get the addon working again after update?

http://www.nobullshitrevolution.com/downloads/unflip.png

« Reply #79 posted: Feb 21, 2016, 04:18 PM »
Maybe you should just check the distanc like :

if (_player distance _target > 5) exitWith {};

• Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #80 posted: Feb 21, 2016, 09:00 PM »
Yessir - it sure is. Before 1.56 I was able to dismantle and reduce the mortar/GMG down to two backpacks. It is not a major - only used it when my vehicle could not take anymore crates/mortars. Dismantled to backpacks, I could put them in the vehicle inventory instead.

I have done everything in my power to prevent anyone from disassembling stuff. It completely messes up ownership and locality since there is zero control given over the process. If you disassemble a weapon, it's still present on the map, just invisible, but there is no way for scripts to tell if it was disassembled, so it will keep being saved, and will be loaded up as assembled on next restart. Also if you try to reassemble 2 weapon backpacks together after a server restart, you will get flagged by BattlEye for client-side vehicle creation. All extDB code ignores those backpacks for this very reason.

Ideally I would like BIS to implement a command or option that removes the disassemble action from any static weapon, it would be the most effective way to deal with this whole crap.

« Reply #81 posted: Feb 21, 2016, 11:54 PM »
Thanks for the history behind dissasembling Rev - like I said, it is not a major for me or my server and so happy the fact that we can no longer dissasemble.
  • Offline dekela
  • First Blood

« Reply #82 posted: Feb 27, 2016, 04:23 AM »
Code: [Select]
/*  def(_target);
  if (surfaceIsWater (position _player)) then {
   //line intersect does not work well when vehicle is in water
    _target = cursorTarget;
  }
  else {
    def(_pos1);
    def(_pos2);
    _pos1 = (eyePos player);
    _pos2 = ([_pos1, cameraDirDist(_distance)] call vector_add);
_objects = (lineIntersectsWith [_pos1,_pos2,objNull,objNull,true]);
if (!isARRAY(_objects) || {count _objects == 0}) exitWith {};
_target = _objects select 0;
  };
*/

def(_target);
    _target = cursorObject;

if (isNil "_target") exitWith {};

if (({_target isKindOf _x } count ["Helicopter", "Plane", "Ship_F", "Car", "Motorcycle", "Tank"]) == 0) exitWith {};

_target
};

using the above code allows you to unlock/lock a vehicle from ANY distance, so long as you can see it. best off using a distance check like this

/*  def(_target);
  if (surfaceIsWater (position _player)) then {
   //line intersect does not work well when vehicle is in water
    _target = cursorTarget;
  }
  else {
    def(_pos1);
    def(_pos2);
    _pos1 = (eyePos player);
    _pos2 = ([_pos1, cameraDirDist(_distance)] call vector_add);
_objects = (lineIntersectsWith [_pos1,_pos2,objNull,objNull,true]);
if (!isARRAY(_objects) || {count _objects == 0}) exitWith {};
_target = _objects select 0;
  };
*/
  def(_target);
    _target = cursorObject;
  if (isNil "_target") exitWith {};
  if ((_player distance _target)>4) exitWith {};
  if (({_target isKindOf _x } count ["Helicopter", "Plane", "Ship_F", "Car", "Motorcycle", "Tank"]) == 0) exitWith {}; 
  _target
};

now you need to be close to the vehicle for the lock/unlock option to show
  • Offline Magic
  • First Blood

« Reply #83 posted: Feb 28, 2016, 01:34 PM »
Nice one! Thanks for your help on that. Any ideas on why you cannot sell a vehicle as it always says "you are not the owner"?

« Reply #84 posted: Mar 20, 2016, 12:50 AM »
im new to all this i was wondering how i add it to my server?
  • Offline WastelandZ.uk
  • For the love of ARMA!
  • Geared Up
  • Teamspeak - wastelandz.uk

« Reply #85 posted: Apr 08, 2016, 07:09 PM »
Hey guys just a quick one can you please help me, I cannot seem to lock helicopters when they are owned but everything else works :(

Thanks in advance <3
Teamspeak - ts.wastelandz.uk, www.wastelandz.uk

« Reply #86 posted: Apr 08, 2016, 08:10 PM »
Hey,
Long time since i looked at this but search the vactions files for something that might filter out your choppers, originally i believe he checked for
"Helicopter", "Plane", "Ship_F", "Car", "Motorcycle", "Tank"

I would personally adjust this to
"Air", "Ship", "LandVehicle"
however, this might have changed in recent releases of arma but im pretty sure that would allow for your choppers.
It should already with "Helicopter" but again BiS might have changed something

also if you have moved to R3F 3.x you might have more luck with "cursorObject" as described above this post somewhere.

I recently reinstalled my computer and i dont have ArmA in yet but if that dont fix it ill can probably be able to help you better in a day or two (when i have the game installed again)
  • Offline WastelandZ.uk
  • For the love of ARMA!
  • Geared Up

« Reply #87 posted: Apr 08, 2016, 08:33 PM »
Thanks for the update i will give this a shot and get back to you :)

• Offline WastelandZ.uk
  • For the love of ARMA!
  • Geared Up

« Reply #88 posted: Apr 08, 2016, 10:01 PM »
Just a quick update default "vanilla" arma 3 helicopters seem to lock and unlock but my server is running modded helicopters from the CUP and USAF mod :( any chance someone knows a fix?

« Reply #89 posted: Apr 13, 2016, 05:55 AM »
Ok, So I have read through this post a few times over to make sure I didn't miss anything before I asked for help but I'm stuck and can't find a solution.

Everything seems to work fine as far as vehicle actions go, they show up on vehicles and vendors, and all the functions works as intended so far as I can tell. The issue I have however is that when a vehicle is purchased by a player I cannot sell it to the merchant I just bought it from and instead get the "you are not the owner of this vehicle" message. Also, vehicles do not stay locked after restart.

The only posts that seem to relate to this issue were on the first page, and the info there seems a little out-of-date, If anyone has any insight as to what I'm doing wrong, or what may fix the issue I would greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: SORRY! I realize now this script is not related to vehicle selling at all, so ignore that. Still cant get vehicles to stay locked after restart though.