Remove and change team/roles

Remove and change team/roles

« posted: Aug 17, 2016, 03:49 PM »
Hi!

I've been looking thru the files and used google, but i cant seem to find the answer im looking for.
If i would like to remove BluFor or Opfor from team selection so that i only have independant and one other team, how could i do this - which files do i need to look for? Also, how do i change the rolenames (Combat Medic, etc)?

Re: Remove and change team/roles

« Reply #1 posted: Aug 17, 2016, 06:01 PM »
Unpack pbo
copy the folder to: documents\arma 3 other profiles\your name\missions
start game
open editor
load the unpacked folder
hit M to change view
scroll to the left bottom
find this

Opfor missing here, cause we do not offer Opfor. Delete (or reduce) the units, u don't need with DEL-key.

Double click the remaing step by step ..

Here, I am not sure. U should try. Place any name, u want. Then OK.

When done, save your work ..

Go back to  documents\arma 3 other profiles\your name\missions and repack to pbo. Upload and look, if it works.

« Reply #2 posted: Aug 17, 2016, 06:32 PM »
Thank you sir! Will give it a try now :)

« Reply #3 posted: Aug 17, 2016, 08:50 PM »
Got it working! I was overthinking looking thru the files and trying to do it manually, not doing it the easy way using the editor.. Thank you very much  :)

« Reply #4 posted: Aug 17, 2016, 09:23 PM »

Just curious: what are the new names of your units? And what kind of server?

« Reply #5 posted: Aug 18, 2016, 01:49 AM »
I've not given them any names yet, not sure if i will either! Im currently working on testing/setting up a Wasteland Tanoa server in Norway ;)
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • If you can read this, you can read.

« Reply #6 posted: Aug 18, 2016, 07:49 AM »
I've not given them any names yet, not sure if i will either! Im currently working on testing/setting up a Wasteland Tanoa server in Norway ;)

The descriptions don't really server a purpose unless you code something in to check - I've changed my descriptions to align with the starter classes and then assign gear to each class based on the role.

Explosives Engineer - RPG , SMG + Clothing etc
Combat Medic - LGM - Medkit + Clothing etc
Sniper Elite  - Ghillie - DMR + Clothing etc
Assault Diver - Diving outfit , SDAR + Clothing etc

You can have multiple types of classes to do different things , but this is fun as it's more "role" oriented towards the gear you wanna spawn with. Nothing too OP of course.
from the grassy knoll -
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #7 posted: Aug 18, 2016, 06:14 PM »
It should be noted that custom descriptions are highly unreliable and not recommended, as they sometimes permanently blank out from the role menu on player disconnect, displaying nothing for the associated slot until server restart.